2. Submit References. Completed reference forms will be sent directly to Safe Families Tallahassee. Please be sure the email addresses you are using to send this link, when they are forwarded to you, are the same as the ones you included in the reference portion of your application. You must provide an email address for each reference listed.
3. Complete Training. There are a number of ways you can complete the required training: If you have not already done so, visit the Community Hub, create a username and password, and begin the online training. Enrollment Codes for each training can be found in the Table of Contents. Through out the year we offer many opportunities to train in a community type setting via a scheduled Zoom training or in person training. Please see the training calendar on our website, or contact your Ministry Lead to find the next available date. All volunteers MUST complete the Core Training. Other trainings for your particular role in SFFC must be completed before serving in that capacity as well. For example, if you have applied to be a Host Family, you must complete the Core Training and the Host Family Training. When you have completed the training, please be sure to let your Ministry Lead know.
4. Complete an FBI fingerprint background check (this does not apply to Resource Friends). We require FBI fingerprint background checks for everyone 18 years and older who live in the home of Host Families, Family Coaches, and Family Friends who will possibly supervise children. See the attached flyer for directions on how to complete the Level 2 Background Check. Each participating church may be able to reimburse members of their congregation for their background checks. Please talk to the Ministry Lead from your church to learn more about possible reimbursement.
5. CARS Completion. Here you will find directions needed to complete your Child Abuse Registry request that is requited to be run through the Department of Children and Families.
6. Access the SFFC Database. Once your application is uploaded into our database, you will receive a Welcome Email directing you to create a username and password. The database allows you to build a profile, share available resources, edit your serving schedule, and input notes. This is the tool we will use to select Host Families and Family Friends, view resources available in Tallahassee, and keep track of data. You can find instructions and videos on how to navigate the database on the Community Hub.
7. Pray. Safe Families for Children is simply the mechanism God is using to help us love our neighbors and extend radically ordinary biblical hospitality to those in our community. We love because He first loved us, and we give of ourselves because Jesus gave Himself for us. Pray for God to give you a humble heart and willing spirit as you begin this journey. Pray for the children and families He will put in your path. Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to those in need. And pray for you and your church to be used as instruments in our Gracious Redeemer’s hands. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! We want to ensure this process is as easy as possible.