Prayer Team Leader, Safe Families for Children Tallahassee.
"Our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God..." (Neh. 9:32)
Dear SFFC Prayer Partners,
As we usher in the new year, I am reminded in the Word of God, what an amazing God we serve - He indeed is "the great, the mighty, and the awesome God!" We take much encouragement that no matter what is going on in the world, He is seated on the throne and He reigns over all. We can be sure that nothing escapes His notice and He will judge with equity and justice. We also find in this prayer in Nehemiah that the almighty God is forgiving, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love!(Neh. 9:17) We at SFFC look to Him alone to meet all our needs as we seek His face together to be useful to His service in our community.
In addition to the ongoing thanksgiving and prayer for our volunteer training sessions hosted both online and and in person at our partnering churches, our biggest prayer focus this month would be for the upcoming Friendraiser event on Thursday, January 28th at 6:30 P.M. at Northwoods Church Tallahassee. As I have mentioned in the last update, this is an opportunity to introduce SFFC Tallahassee to those who would like to hear more about the ministry and get involved. We will also be hosting representatives from number of churches in town who will be able to share the ministry with their members. I am attaching a flyer for the event with this update. If any of you are interested in attending, please let me know as soon as possible. I would love to connect you with one of the organizers. Please pray that all the details of the event will come together smoothly and that the Lord will raise up more volunteers through this event.
Please also pray for the next in-person live training session for Core/Family Friends which will take place at Four Oaks Midtown Church office on February 6th from 9-2pm.
We also need continued prayers for our Intake/Family Coach Coordinator, Cathy Campbell, as she diligently pursues connecting this ministry with many referral agencies in our community. And lastly, please ask the Lord for His guidance and favor as SSFC approaches schools in the area to offer mentorship/discipleship to struggling families.
Thank you so much for your ongoing interest and for your prayers!
2. Submit References. Completed reference forms will be sent directly to Safe Families Tallahassee. Please be sure the email addresses you are using to send this link, when they are forwarded to you, are the same as the ones you included in the reference portion of your application. You must provide an email address for each reference listed.
3. Complete Training. There are a number of ways you can complete the required training: If you have not already done so, visit the Community Hub, create a username and password, and begin the online training. Enrollment Codes for each training can be found in the Table of Contents. Through out the year we offer many opportunities to train in a community type setting via a scheduled Zoom training or in person training. Please see the training calendar on our website, or contact your Ministry Lead to find the next available date. All volunteers MUST complete the Core Training. Other trainings for your particular role in SFFC must be completed before serving in that capacity as well. For example, if you have applied to be a Host Family, you must complete the Core Training and the Host Family Training. When you have completed the training, please be sure to let your Ministry Lead know.
4. Complete an FBI fingerprint background check (this does not apply to Resource Friends). We require FBI fingerprint background checks for everyone 18 years and older who live in the home of Host Families, Family Coaches, and Family Friends who will possibly supervise children. See the attached flyer for directions on how to complete the Level 2 Background Check. Each participating church may be able to reimburse members of their congregation for their background checks. Please talk to the Ministry Lead from your church to learn more about possible reimbursement.
5. CARS Completion. Here you will find directions needed to complete your Child Abuse Registry request that is requited to be run through the Department of Children and Families.
6. Access the SFFC Database. Once your application is uploaded into our database, you will receive a Welcome Email directing you to create a username and password. The database allows you to build a profile, share available resources, edit your serving schedule, and input notes. This is the tool we will use to select Host Families and Family Friends, view resources available in Tallahassee, and keep track of data. You can find instructions and videos on how to navigate the database on the Community Hub.
7. Pray. Safe Families for Children is simply the mechanism God is using to help us love our neighbors and extend radically ordinary biblical hospitality to those in our community. We love because He first loved us, and we give of ourselves because Jesus gave Himself for us. Pray for God to give you a humble heart and willing spirit as you begin this journey. Pray for the children and families He will put in your path. Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to those in need. And pray for you and your church to be used as instruments in our Gracious Redeemer’s hands. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! We want to ensure this process is as easy as possible.